Thursday, September 09, 2004

So I did find those Webb boys and Trent (plus Willie) at Will Call at the Husky game on Sunday so I wasn't watching it all by my lonesome. Thank God! ;)

Game was...well...we lost. Big time. But we all stuck it out to the bitter to "W" end.

Got a nice tan out of it though...not much of a trade, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

After the game met up with the Webb parents and their respective friends in the Montlake parking lot for a bit which was fun. Then I went to Roni's house for dinner with the fam.

Had dinner, played some cards -- I "learned" (more like I got the 10 second lowdown on) how to play Bridge. Then played some Hearts, hung around for a bit more, and went home.

And since then it's been work work work work work. Isn't it just fantabulous? No, not really.

Today was a bit different as Austine picked me up after work and we were able to have dinner and a bit of coffee for a couple hours before she goes back to Hanover for her RA training, orientation, and all that good stuff at Dartmouth. It was great seeing her again and I'm so glad that we got to get together (albeit briefly) today. I haven't seen her for about a year, so it was good times.

After that I headed on over to Sean and Erin's apt to hang out and all that good stuff. Watched a lot of plastic surgery shows tonight. Strange how the new fad is plastic surgery and all that is related to it. I mean you've got shows like Nip/Tuck, Dr. 90210, I Want a Famous Face, etc. etc. etc....While interesting, I don't particularly understand how some of these people are willing to put themselves in financial debt just to pay for some cosmetic enhancement.

Granted there are situations where I believe it to be fine and agree with it, such as reconstructive surgery after an accident or if you've lost like 140 lbs and have tons of excess skin hanging off your body. Those I have no problems with. But when 15/16 year old girls are saying that they need nose jobs and boob jobs when they already look great...that's a whole 'nother story.

If you're already a C cup, I don't think that you need to push yourself to a DD. Especially if your new "enhancements" don't match your body type. And hey, I'm speaking from experience. As a woman with big breasts, they really are not all they're cracked up to be.

But that's enough on that subject.

Moving on...I've been addicted to crossword puzzles lately (thanks Nell) and can't get enough of them. It's a good way to exercise my mind and vocabulary and kill some time in the process. But I happen to do most of them at night since I sleep, go to work, come home, eat dinner, and relax for a bit. So then it kinda keeps me up...as does the Internet. Soooo yeah.

Going to the M's games on Saturday and Sunday (so excited and I will have absolutely no problem with them losing to Boston) so that'll be wonderful. And then back to work. And then the UCLA game, and then and then and then...

Fall weather is coming out to play and school's coming right around the corner. Sneaky little devil. Bah. Plus tuition's been raised so now I'm paying about $400 more than when I first started going to the UW. Crazy. Like Harry Caray crazy. My favorite planet's the Sun...what's yours...?? I love me some SNL.

And now I'm gonna get back to the aforementioned crossword puzzle (damn you Will Shortz who edits the ones for the NY Times!!!!!).

More posting...as it comes...later...mostly sometimes...sometimes...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sliptide (Sean Armstrong) said...

wo ist meine "The Jessica"?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Ok, I just translated that and it said..."where is my "The Jessica."" You are a strange child, Shan. And remember, if I have to watch "The Punisher," then you have to watch "The Notebook" when it comes out on ze DVD. Good? Good.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|