Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My life is getting crazier and crazier.

I'm trying to finish The Aviator on OnDemand, but it's not working. (I watched most of it last week and now I've got like 30 mins left). Alas, I'm not really paying attention and well, it's just not as good as I had hoped. The beginning was pretty interesting, but now...well, now it's just not my cup of tea. But I am weird regarding the fact that I like to finish a movie, no matter how bad it may be, just to say that I watched the whole thing. Unless it's really horrid, then no matter how hard I try I won't be able to finish it. And...the movie just finished and I have no idea what happened. I'm just a bunch of contradictions, eh? C'est la vie.

In other news, my aunt has "recruited" me to be a caterer for a rather large Christmas party at the lab. There are going to be at least 60 people there, quite possibly more since she doesn't know who's all coming. Fantastic. And she just informed me of this yesterday, giving me a week to organize the event. I don't really know how this is all going to get done within the space of a week, but I suppose I'm up for the challenge. And according to Kairu, Kam said that I'm getting paid for this. At least I'll have some monetary compensation for the hell I will be in.

As of the moment, all I know is that she wants me to decorate, organize, set up, and keep everything flowing smoothly (especially the drinks). I also think that I have to bake three cakes and about a million cookies...it's gonna be a bit stressful. Stressful, but interesting to see how I can handle the pressure. Not to mention the fact that it'll give me further insight as to whether joining the food service industry is up my alley. We'll be going over plans tomorrow, so that's going to be interesting, particularly since Kam is really wishy-washy in terms of decision making.

Moving on...my uncle should have finished his laproscopic appendectomy by now. It's a quick day surgery and he should be able to go home this afternoon, but in case he can't, that means another night for me in one of the horrid hospital "recliners." And to think, I'm getting a massage this afternoon...which means I should be knot free, correct? Well, if I spend the night at the hospital, that just means that it's all been in vain. Stupid floor.

I have also become addicted to MySpace. I held out for a pretty long time (longer than Sean did), but now I have succumbed. If you know me, go add me to your list of friends. Just humor me.

I'm hungry and my eyes are tired. So now I'm going to decide whether or not I should get a snack or take a nap before the doc calls me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|