Sunday, March 09, 2003

My dad's bday was yesterday, well, techinically 2 days ago, on the 7th...Happy Bday Daddy!...didn't really do anything that day...before my mom came to pick me up, I ran into Sean in front of McCarty and he told me that Derek's in San Jose rockin' it out with the band watchin' the Husky women kick ass in the Pac-10 tourney! Congrats Derek! Hope you're having a great time! Uh...yeah...so I went home, ate an early dinner since my dad got my uncle's courtside tix to the Sonics game vs. the Sixers, then went to Chinatown (International District...whatever...) and had late night snacks with the fam. Good times.
Today was supposed to be a productive day, but it didn't end up being that way. Picked up Jared and we went to Patty's Eggnest on 45th...mmm...that was good. Then we went next door and stopped at Le Boulangerie and picked up a few items. Haven't been there in awhile...the pasteries there are SO incredibly good!! Headed down to the UVillage and Barnes & Noble to study/work on my fatty research paper for SIS and say hi to Alex. Jared already finished his paper...bastard. We didn't get a table which sucked, but we settled for the comfy chairs right in front of the children's section. Unfortunately, those chairs aren't very conducive to studying, so we ended up getting minimal amounts of work done and spent most of the time talking. Thanks for the employee discount on coffee, Alex! Proceeded to go to Atlas for dinner where the new theme of the month is Texas. Good food, and I finally took Kairu's advice and ordered the berry cobbler. We were supposed to be back at Jared's room by 7pm for movie night, but we ended up getting there at oh, 7:40pm, I'd say. Took the cobbler to go. Watched Road to Perdition...sad but good movie...I cried at the end. Then watched one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies of all time, City Hunter. It's a really random early '90s Hong Kong comedy which, to western standards, is strange, esp since the level of Jackie Chan movies made in the U.S. are lower than those made in Hong Kong. Anyway, I think everyone was entertained, even if they didn't like it all that much. Alex and I thouroughly enjoyed it! Basically the story surrounds a Japanese private eye (all based on a Japanese comic book) surrounded by beautiful women while fighting off evil terrorists/bandits. Great '80s/early '90s references in it...but the jokes just don't translate very well from Cantonese to English...oh well. Anyway, I need to get to bed, wake up at a decent hour, and be a hermit so that I can focus on my SIS research paper and be done with it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done by tomorrow...err...today...and not be furiously typing away at my laptop until 11:10am, right before I have to turn my paper in at 11:30am at the beginning of lecture. Wish me luck! Have a good night everyone...I'll be living the life of a hermit working hard (hopefully) on that damn paper. That's all for now... =)
P.S. Congrats to Lakeside and esp Ms. Mary Kuder on the 3A State win today! "Mary Kuder was a pest at both ends of the court, picking off six steals, grabbing five rebounds and scoring four points." Yay for Mary!! http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/134649461_girls09.html The HNA Cougs will come back...one day... ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|