Saturday, June 05, 2004

As of Thursday, June 3, 2004, my 3rd year of college was officially over.

I was quite lucky in my choice of classes this quarter as I didn't have class on Fridays, only had papers, and got done so early. It'll never happen again, that's for sure...

Made some good friends in my classes and this was probably one of the best quarters I have had thus far.

So now I'll be working ALL THE TIME, have time for a couple of vactions, and that'll pretty much be that. Work, sleep, helping my dad through physical therapy, and yeah.

My dad's surgery went well on Thursday but there was a surprise Dr. Williams (he's the orthopedic surgeon for the M's...how awesome is that?!) encountered. So we knew that my dad had completely torn his Achilles'...but the catch was that it actually separated from the bone. The fact that the tendon ripped off the bone is not unheard of, but is something rarely seen.

So now it's 8 weeks of being an invalid for my dad. One week in a splint, about a week or so in a cast, and the rest of the time he'll be wearing a boot and going through physical therapy. The Achilles is probably one of the worst thing that you can tear. You can bet that it'll be a fun summer for my dad...

My 21st birthday's on June 27th, so on the 26th, my cousins are going to take me to dinner and at midnight...we'll be hitting up the bars! Hehehe...I'm a tad scared...but it'll be fun. Hope I don't throw up. I don't want it to be like the Webbs' 21-run. Eek!

Hopefully Aimee and I can go the John Mayer concert at the White River Amphitheater on July 11th! July 17-24 Jared and I will be going to Chicago to visit Nell. While we're there we'll try and go to a Cubs game, and...no idea. We'll figure it out...soon...

August 22-29 I'll be going with my family to the Oregon Coast to hit up the beach and just relax and have fun. And hit up the Tillamook factory for some damn good ice cream and cheese! ;)

September 11 and 12 I'll be at the M's games versus Boston (so awesome!) so I'm definitely excited about that. Hopefully I can go back to Guatemala with Terry and Healing the Children. I had so much fun last year I definitely want to go back. Besides, I told the teachers at the Garbage Dump School that I'd be back!

You can count on the fact that I'll definitely be going to many many Mariners games this summer...as many as I can go to. I've already been to 5...let's try and hit the double digits.

I'm going to the game against Houston on Monday and I'm definitely excited -- too bad the Rocket's pitching on Tuesday. Damnit. Oh well.

For everyone who still has finals and papers to get through: GOOD LUCK! Hopefully we can all get together this summer and do...something...;)

Will Smarty Jones be the first undefeated Triple Crown champion since Seattle Slew? Not to mention 12th Triple Crown winner -- the last one was Affirmed in 1978. We'll find out at 2:30pm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|