Saturday, June 19, 2004

Oh boy!

Well, not really. This week hasn't been particularly eventful.

Monday night went to the Red Robin in Southcenter for Emily's bday dinner...HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY EMILY!! Then Candace and I went to B&N for some book shopping fun. Back to her apt and talked with Karina and Marlon a bit, then home.

Oh yes. Stupid liquor store down next to QFC in the Village. So Candace and I went in thinking that we'd get Emily something for her birthday. So we picked out about 6 of the mini bottles of alcohol. So since Candace is 21, she'd buy and I'd just stand there. But no....

Turns out everyone in there needs to show their ID and I told the guy I didn't have mine with me. So he said he that we couldn't buy. So we said we didn't know and he said that there's a sign on the door. Well, I'm sorry, but like most people, I don't pay attention to the signs on the door unless I'm looking for something specific. So I asked him if I went outside would it be alright for her to buy the bottles...NO. So then Candace asked if we both went outside and if she was the only one to go in could she buy the bottles. And the answer was...NO.

We were both frustrated and left immediately. So then I took her to the one on 12th and she bought the little bottles while I stayed in the car. 13 measly days. 13 days!! What if I really was 21 and just didn't have my ID with me?! Sigh...oh well. He was just doing his job, but man...that's never happened to me before! Especially at that place. Maybe they're under more scrutiny now or something.

But we got the bottles for her and gave her those as well as a box of wine Candace got from Roma. It was good. After the frustration and annoyance, that is.

Worked until 8pm on Tuesday and...nothing exciting there.

Wednesday...I don't think anything exciting really happened that night either. Wow, you must really be bored or not have anything to do if you're reading this...

Been apartment watching for Sean and Erin -- watering the plants, turning lights on, borrowing DVDs of theirs...

Yesterday (Thursday) the fam came over for dinner and I made lasagne. Good times. Good food.

Today I kept trying to get in touch with Sunny over the phone, but well...that just didn't pan out so well. Since her cell was cancelled before she left for Ecuador, she doesn't have anyone's numbers anymore so she can't call people, not to mention the fact that the phone at her house only gets local phone service. So she can't call people with 206 numbers. Awesome.

So I've been trying to reach her for the past couple of days with fairly unsuccessful results. The best we've done so far is email since everytime I call her house no one's there or the line's busy. Oh well...

Picked up Candace, we went to QFC to get a cake, off to Karina's for a little get together wtih Patrick, Karina, Marlon, Cindy, Jason, Bethiel, Ashley, and AnJuli. I had a wonderful time. More great Taboo moments (we just love that game!) watched some tv and a Finding Nemo was on in the background. Good times.

Tomorrow is work...then no idea. Sunday is Fathers Day and we'll be having dim sum at Jade Garden at 10:30am, then I'm off to work at 12pm, then after work we'll most likely be having dinner somewhere.

Oh yeah, and Nate Rob's coming back!! Thank you God!

Alright, take care until the next post! *muah*

Birthday Countdown: 9 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|