Friday, October 15, 2004

So I haven't posted, blogged, rambled, whatever in awhile...

It's been many many many nights of using (or abusing) my 21-I-promise-I'm-legal-and-that's-me-in-the-picture privileges.

Last Friday...woah...that was only a week ago...Chelsie organized a surprise party for the Webbs and I made white chocolate cheesecake...it got demolished. Drunken happiness abounds...

Huskies Saturday (we won a TERRIBLE game) and hey, I'll take a win any way we can get it.

Seahawks Sunday -- good game, thought we were going to win, everyone slacks off, secondary didn't do their jobs, we lose in OT. Bastards.

School is not going to be the best this quarter. Don't get me wrong, I like my classes (except for this damn HSTAS 462 class at the moment -- I just spent about 3 hours doing a hand-drawn map of SE Asia locating 32 different places) but there's a shitload of work involved.

200-300 pages of reading per week plus a weekly paper, 20 page research paper and 30 min presentation on said paper November 22nd, midterm on 10/27, midterm 11/9, final on 12/1, 8 page research paper 12/7, final 12/9, and 10 page research paper 12/10.

Probably doesn't sound like the worst schedule, but when you top it off with 20+ hours of work per week with no time to do homework at work...I'm in for a hurting.

So we'll see how this quarter pans out...

Why so much work when I was talking about cutting back on work before? Cuz my aunt/boss has Stage 3B breast cancer and will be doing chemo pretty soon. Shit happens, isn't it great?!

So another friend/family member has cancer and yeah...I seem to be surrounded by cancer almost everywhere I go. Fan-freakin'-tabulous. Add a little (more like a lot of) family drama and I'm getting a little...not really stressed...but somethinged out. Pressure, maybe? Who knows.

Enough depressing talk.

Tomorrow we're going to Kona Kitchen for Alicia's birthday...you better be there if you know her! I think that the whole ECC/CK gang (plus a couple odd people -- such as myself) will be there.

Saturday is OSU-UW, go Huskies! Can we make it 2-4? Maybe...

At least the Seattle Storm won the WNBA Championship!! 1st champs we've had in 25 years...damn that's a long time. Plus it's the 1st WNBA Champ since the Storm started what...4 years ago?

My uncle got his Sonics tickets yesterday and I've already picked out like 2 games I'm going to within the next couple months...woohoo! That's something to look forward to...front row courtside (seats 5 and 6 if you're gonna try looking for me).

My aunt was kind enough to lend me her tablet pc while my laptop goes to get fixed...oh yes...Sean, I need to backup/put all my files and crap on your computer(s). Unfortunately it won't let me access the Internet...damnit. So Sean's going to try to fix it tomorrow. And if he can't, I'll get my cousin's bf who works for Microsoft to do that. Yeah.

Need to wake up "early/earlier" tomorrow to get another app for SIS (lost mine somewhere), do it, go to class, get an unofficial transcript from MGH, and turn it in. Then another "aunt's" bday party then off to Kona Kitchen with the gang(s).

Take care, be good, be safe, and try to keep your liver intact!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|