Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stardust

John: How do you feel?
Charlie: I'm fine.
John: Fine? You know what "fine" stands for, don't you?
Charlie: Yeah, unfortunately.
John: "Freaked-out," "Insecure," "Neurotic" —
Charlie: And "Emotional".
John: See those columnns behind you?
Charlie: What about 'em?
John: That's where they used to string up thieves who felt "fine."

---------------

I need to start packing for Honduras.

I feel like I should be more excited about the trip, but I think I'm in an emotional rut, making it a tad bit difficult to do so.

Hopefully I'm getting out of it. It's prolly just one of those times...and I've been taking my live oral tyhpoid vaccine (good for 5 years), which is making me feel gross, so that doesn't help matters any.

I'm sure that once I get down there my emotional state will change for the better. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. =P

---------------

I've fallen in love all over again...

...with Nat King Cole.

I picked up The World of Nat King Cole awhile back and just started listening to it again. I'm a huge fan of pop standards, and well, he had an amazing voice. Listening to the smooth rich timber of his voice just makes me happy. Makes me smile. I can just see him smiling and laughing as he's singing, and that makes me smile in return. And that's something I've been needing.

---------------

My travels begin this Sunday.

So if you would like to see me in the month of March, your best bet is to be at Jillian's at 10pm on Saturday. Be there or be square...

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl-Ann Roberge said...

My grandpa loved Nat King Cole. I only know his Christmas collection, which I enjoy.

Feel better friend!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks friend! If you would like a copy of The World of Nat King Cole, I would be more than happy to get you one!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://jjkhluph.com/tbjn/uoql.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rvthyzwc.com/pbwv/hhkd.html]Cool site[/url]

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://jjkhluph.com/tbjn/uoql.html | http://octlzmtz.com/mcpf/rtwk.html

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|