Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Well hello. It's been quite awhile since I last posted (well, it's been a week).

Anyway...new template, as you can see, and I'm working on posting more pics (esp those from Guatemala -- yeah, I know, it's been like 8 months...), plus I'm still tweaking the template a bit more to my liking, but it's looking pretty good so far, I'd say!

Wow, so let's see what's happened so far...I can just imagine some old white guy doing a voiceover of "Previously, on the Days of the One Life of the Bold and the General Passions of Jessica..." hehehe...on with the blog!

Oh, so my Isreali Security Fence group had our presentation/discussion/rebuttle/question and answer presentation and I think that it went pretty well. It's a very difficult, complex topic to cover, and Kaaren did a wonderful job presenting our side and answering questions. Go team! Other than that, nothing particularly wonderful happened school-wise (or social life-wise either).

Pretty much been chillin' at home, trying to relax and not stress about impending dooms such as graduation, classes, school, living situations, etc. Hanging out with the family is good and relaxing, comfortable (most of the time, anyway), and normal, so it makes life a little less complicated, hectic, and stressful. Always a good thing.

The highlight of my week was the Mariner's game on Sunday vs. the Yankees...(yes, it was on Mother's Day) where I got a free pink visor and got to watch the game from the Diamond Club with my dad, brother, and uncle. It would have been such a wonderful game were it not for the bullpen sucking it up. They've been doing that WAAAAAAY too often for my liking. Work on the control, people! And stop putting Shiggy in. He's becoming another Bobby Ayala! I got a bit sunburnt at the game, which I was totally not expecting, seeing as how the weather forecast said it would be in the low 60s...so I ended up wearing a 3/4 sleeve shirt (blue, and yes it clashed with the visor, but dude...it was free and I really could care less). So we sat down and man, did it get hot! I got burnt on my right arm up to where the sleeve was and on the right side of my chest that was exposed (no, I didn't expose myself, I mean where the scoop of the neckline is...dirty birds). I guess the visor shielded the left side of my body or something...oh well. I would say that my body is comprised of about 10 different shades...let's see if I can get it up to 15. Or 20 by the end of the summer if I'm lucky...

Man, as much as I may bitch and moan about the Yankees and well, Steinbrenner is a pompous ass...they are a damn good team this year. It's pretty much history in the making. But as much as they may have the bats and good people...they aren't doing as well as they (and others) expected to, and for that, I am very grateful and happy. Although we haven't even hit the All-Star break yet, so that might change...but I'm hoping that the Red Sox prevail and kick their asses this year. We'll just have to wait and see what happens with that one.

Unfortunately we've been losing games left and right so far this season, but hey...I'm no fair-weather fan! I've been an M's fan since I was a baby and I'll be one til the day I die. Win or lose (as we are doing this season...) they'll always be my team!

Alright, enough about that. I bought my mom an all-in-one coffee maker from The Bon that she's been eyeing since Christmas. After the game we went to Bill and Agnes' house for dinner where my grandpa made shark fin soup and my aunt made abalone. I cooked some shrimp with ketchup (don't knock it til you try it), my mom made these black pepper short ribs, and we had some other food...and since they're getting a new maid this week, us kids helped clean up and whatnot. I think we had like 21 people and about 4 generations in one house. My great-grandma was there, my grandpa, my dad, and me...so yes, that's 4 generations. Woulda had 5 if Alex or Sydney were there, but Alex is in VA with his mom and dad, and I don't know where Sydney was.

Can't complain about work so far...it's been pretty good. Apparently they're making a box of business cards for me that say assistant manager on them...scary. That just means added responsibility and since when did a near 21-year-old get business cards?! At least, this doesn't really happen in my world...but it is now. Damn the responsibilities just keep mounting, don't they?

Aimee (and the rest of Gonzaga) is done with school so she came back on Monday and most of the old HNA contigent that's still in Seattle got together today before she leaves tomorrow morning to return to Spokompton where she's got a summer job. Went out to Cheesecake Factory with Karina, Marlon, Cindy, Jason, Emily, and Patrick. It was definately good times and we laughed so much it was great. We need to get together more often. One of the best moments of the night was when we were getting out of the elevator walking to Pacific Place and Pat pulled a latex glove from his pocket, at which point Aimee, Emily, and I were just like...oh dear God, what is that?! He had it because he was serving food at the Bite of Asia thing today at the HUB. But damn we were initially quite weirded out by that! And then he tried sticking it in my back pocket as we were walking to the car! Ahh!!! Emily ended up putting it on and just cracked us up.

Oh yes, Patrick was voted President of FASA last week at Filipino Night (for next year) so CONGRATS, PAT!!! YAY!

And now, since I'm not 21, people had lotsa school-related things to do such as tests, quizzes, and papers, Cheesecake and dropping people off ended the night. And now I'm at my aunt's house working on my blog since I have to wait for my other aunt to be done playing mah-jong so I can take her home. And with that, I bid you all a wonderful night. Take care everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|