Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Hello hello...

Thank God for being done with my Israeli History paper for IHL. I did the historical background of Israel for our debate (which takes place tomorrow in class) about the Israeli Security Fence and man...there was an ass-load of information!! I'm a bit nervous about the debate tomorrow because there are going to be people from the Middle East Dept there to watch us...ok, so I'm more than nervous...I'm a bit scared...So I'm going to be researching my stance a bit more so I know what I'm talking about. Although it's a difficult position to take seeing as how Israel's violated a bunch of Geneva Conventions and whatnot...oh well. My group shall prevail! *maybe* =P

Well, the boys in Europe (those Webbs and Trent) seem to be having a wonderful time, taking in the culture, and hey! They're even going to museums and enjoying the art! Trent in particular...that's definately a good thing. Candace is having a wonderful time and so is Tida!! The Internet is wonderful in that it allows me to keep in touch with people that are halfway around the world! Sunny's doing well in Ecuador too, and we all know that she (of all people) is having a fantabulous time! ;)

Made my first trip to Best Buy tonight since...oh, I'd say somewhere around Christmas of last year...sad, huh? Not really, but man have I missed out on buying some movies! So I got a lot tonight...to make up for my lack of spending before, of course! Besides, these are movies I've wanted for a long time. Well, some not so long, but others, yes, a long time. I got Kill Bill Vol. 1 (haven't seen it yet -- sad, huh?), The Soong Sisters (never heard of it, but my mom wanted to get it, so we did), Alice in Wonderland (wonderful Disney classic, so how could you not get it?), Emma (I love Jane Austen, I love Jane Austen movies, and I love Jeremy Northam), Sense and Sensibility (same with the Jane Austen thing...well, minus Jeremy Northam since he's not in this one, but Greg Wise is awfully hot...and I love Hugh Grant - though he's not so hot in this one - and Alan Rickman...sigh...), The Triplets of Belleville (haven't seen but wanted to and I've heard wonderful things about it...besides, it was nominated for 2 Oscars and has a kick ass theme song!), Big Fish (good movie and my mom hasn't seen it yet, and I know she'll enjoy it), Love Actually (I love romantic comedies, it's got an all-British cast -- in particular very handsome men such as COLIN FIRTH - Mr. Darcy himself - and Hugh Grant looks particularly hot in this one), and we got a wireless mouse for the new laptop. It's cute. And awfully fast...it's like the Speedy Gonzalez of mice (mouses? -- I don't know what you call this inanimate object...but I think that mice is correct...?)! Plus I got to use the $20 in gift cards I had from buying my brother 2 XBox games at Christmas, so yeah. Good times.

We've got a ginormous trench/ditch where our driveway used to be, as they're getting ready to work on the foundation for the new addition to the house. It's about 4' deep...maybe deeper actually. My sister stood in the ditch and it was taller than she is...and she's about 4' tall. Awesome. Watching the M's game and we're in the 15th inning right now...hope we win it! Now it's one of the longest games played at The Safe, if I'm not mistaken. I think the longest was 19 innings in 2000...man, I was hoping we'd win the game by the time I finished this blog, but I guess not!

Ok, now I've made my changes to the template and we're in the 16th...c'mon M's!! I sure hope we win this one. Pray. It's almost midnight! Have a wonderful night/day/afternoon...whenever you people have decided to read my blog. If anyone's reading it...=P

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Anyone getting sick of that Corona commercial yet? I think I am...I've prolly seen it 20 times throughout the M's broadcast thus far...;)

Ok, Rick Rizz just said that it's the 6th longest game in M's history. And we WIN!!! Thanks to WINN!! hehehe...that was corny, but dude...just happy that we've got another win under our belts. Whew!! Lotsa interesting plays and calls tonight...definately just makes you love the game even more. Time to study up and go to bed. And maybe watch a movie. I don't have class til 1:30pm tomorrow...woohoo! Take care all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|