Sunday, May 16, 2004

Well I had quite a scare Friday.

Waiting for my dad to come home from work, I get a call at home around 5:30pm and it's my dad saying that he's at work, fainted, fallen, and is being taken to the Everett Providence Pacific Campus ER.

Awesome.

So I'm kinda freakin' out, tell my mom, and she calls his cell. He says not to worry, that he's ok and we don't need to go to the hospital. Then calls back a little bit later as he's being taken in the ambulance that maybe we should come up. So I was calmer before, but now I'm more worried because if he's asking for us to go, there must be something wrong.

Scary.

So my mom drives up to Everett in the latter stage of rush hour, and I cook dinner. Lotsa calls going back and forth between various family members to see what's going on, and since I myself have no idea...yeah.

Thankfully nothing serious was wrong. He's got a bump on his head, one on his right elbow, a contusion on the right shoulder, and a sprained ankle. But other than that, he's fine. EKG and blood came back fine. So no one really knows what happened.

At least he was at the foot of the stairs and still inside the factory (at Boeing) when he collapsed, cuz if he was driving or in the car...coulda been bad. And he was conscious the whole time (may or may not have blacked out briefly at one point) so that's a good sign.

Whew.

So now he might get a CT scan, an MRI, or something depending on what our doc says.

Proved to be exciting, I suppose...

Yesterday had a big family dinner at Jade Garden (in Chinatown) to celebrate my great-grandma's 91st birthday. Holy crap she's 91...damn. And she's still doing pretty well too! Amazing.

Work hasn't been ridiculously exciting, but hey...I meet new people everyday! =P

I need to get cracking on this research paper for IHL that's due on the 26th (last day of class!) and the other research paper due for HMJ on the 3rd! Then no more school for me! (Well, until the next school year, that is).

Lol...look what I came across as I was cleaning out my inbox:

What's Your Sexual Identity?

-J-
You can be very romantic, attached to the glamour of love. Having a partner is of paramount importance to you. You are free in your expression of love and are willing to take chances, try new sexual experiences and partners, provided it's all in good taste. Brains turn you on. You must feel that your partner is intellectually stimulating, otherwise you will find it difficult to sustain the relationship. You require loving, cuddling, wining, and dining to know that you're being appreciated.

hehehe...anyway, I better get back to work now...gotta call a bunch of sororities, and finish some stuff up at work. Take care all! *muah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|