Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I FINALLY HAVE A MAJOR!!!!!!

I'm excited, if you can't tell. ;) Today was an extremely busy day. 8am wake up, go to Group Health at 9am for First Aid training/planning lessons for when we teach the Guatemalan teachers First Aid/CPR. Done at 12pm. Go to Cafe Lladro (mmm....) for a wonderful medici...mmm...and this really good pumpkin bread. Totally worth the trip.

Then park my car at work around 12:30pm, head on over to the Art Building for some advising fun...and bam! I've got one of my 2 intended majors! This is such a relief...dear God...I mean, I currently have like 103 credits and you need to declare by 105...so I was beginning to stress about it, and I wanted to get it done before I go to Guatemala and school starts. So thank God that is over!!!!!! I am finally officially in the Department of Art History! WoohoO!!! *SIGH*

Umm...then went and visited Erin a bit while she was at work, then headed off to work myself...then off to dinner at Sea Garden in Chinatown, then back home. It's been a long day. I'm rather exhausted...

Been reading Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand. REALLY GOOD BOOK. I totally recommend it. She combines history, fact, and good prose all in one, making the characters, whose lives are already quite interesting in themselves, even moreso. Fact, (prolly some) fiction, and a great deal of imagination help to make this book page turning. I can't seem to put it down! Wow, that totally sounded like one of those reviews you'd read on Amazon...I'm scared...of myself...but I haven't lost a dollar! (To MYSELF, that is...). ;) Anybody get that? You get a gold star if you did...if you didn't...too bad. =)

The new John Mayer cd, Heavier Things, is really quite good. I am enjoying it quite a bit! Got the Jason Mraz and N.E.R.D. cds too. Good times, good times. Listening to the Jason Mraz cd right now...not too shabby...haven't listened to N.E.R.D. yet, but I'm expecting good things from it. =)

Alright, that's about it for now, so have a good one and I'll prolly be posting everyday til I leave!

Countdown to Guatemala: 4 days!!!!!!!!! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|