Saturday, July 12, 2003

DISCLAIMER: Do not read this section of my blog if you are uncomfortable with any mention of female genitalia, doctors, shots, or exams. You have been warned...proceed if you dare. (This is to act as a completely "informative guide" for those interested -- specifically women who don't really know what to expect, Lord knows I had a vague idea but nothing concrete -- not as some sick perverted voyeurism.)

Well, I've been up since about 7am this fine morning because I had my yearly physical/first base line test this morning at 8:30am. Too freakin' early, if you ask me. So I'm a little nervous cuz this'll be the first time that I've had a base line which includes (but does not require) mammogram (didn't have that today, thank God -- I am not in the mood to have my breasts flattened between some machine), pap smear/pelvic exam (check), breast exam (check), and that's about it concerning that part of the check up. The links give you a good idea of what to expect and nothing hurts (although the mammogram might -- prolly will, I still have no idea how that feels) =P, evrything just feels a little weird and uncomfortable at first, but then you relax, get used to the situation, and are just like...whatever, I don't care. Initial hesitation was replaced with "oh, this isn't so bad." When I first got there, I was pretty nervous (not really knowing what to expect besides what I had heard and what my mom told me), but now that it's over and done with, it's no biggie. It's over pretty quickly (at first I thought it was gonna take like 2 hours -- my mom told me 30-45 mins -- but I was so nervous I was still thinking 2 hours), it happens once a year to once every 3 years, and I know what to expect for next time. =)

Had some blood drawn, got a tetanus booster, and a shot for typhoid fever since I'm going to Guatemala in September. Normally the tetanus shot hurts the most, but damn -- the typhoid hurt, and still does! Felt a bit nauseous and "listless" as the sheet of symptoms my doctor gave me said I might experience. Also got a prescription for antimalarial drugs. Overall a rather exciting (if one could call it that) day at the doctor's office which lasted oh, about an hour.

Next. (And now safe to read for all those uncomfortable with the aforementioned subjects). ;)

Since my appointment got over at 9:30am or so, and I didn't have to go to work until 12pm, I figured that I could prolly take a nap afterwards. Turns out my mom and I ended up going to QFC to fill out the various prescriptions Dr. Belcher filled. Got some coffee, had a doughnut, got the prescriptions, some milk, and went home. At home, I proceeded to read a couple more chapters of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (I'd only just begun reading the Harry Potter series last week for the FIRST time). Took a half-hour "resting my eyes" time (vs. nap time) and went to work. Came home, had dinner, chilled for a bit.

Then Karina, Marlon, Aimee, AnJuli, Cindy, Jason, and I went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl which, I thought, was quite funny and enjoyable! =) Fun movie, prolly pay matinee for it though. I liked it, Johnny Depp does a great job flouncing around, Geoffrey Rush is wonderful (as always), Orlando Bloom is just so hot 0=), Keira Knightley (previously seen in Bend it Like Beckham) does a fair job, and it's just plain fun overall. Hehe...one of those entertaining movies, if not rather cliche and corny at times. Don't even try to analyze this movie because you can't. All intellectually stimulating thoughts will prolly disappear from memory as you sit back, laugh, relax, and enjoy the show.

And now, here I am blogging away when I really should be sleeping. Time for bed, all. Have a good one and take care! *muah*

Slate's take on Pirates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|