Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Well folks, here I am in Monoloco (so what else is new?) ;) going with another update...woohoo!

Well, plans didn't exactly turn out the way they were supposed to yesterday...but in a way they did...kinda...

So after I was done at Monoloco, I headed on out to buy some things...got some more gifts for people, bought some posters...things are so cheap down here...I've bought quite a few things, (all fairly small things, of course), but I've still gotten quite a few things. Uh, back to the original story...so I went around and bought things...then went back to the hotel around 5pm or so. Hung out, worked on some postcards, as Terri cooked chicken and rice, and and Jason and Nathan worked on their plans for the rest of their trip here in Guatemala and in Honduras.

So they went to the travel agency to get their plans in order and Terri and I ate dinner watching random shows in English out in the common area. Jason and Nathan came back a couple hours or so later (wait, I think that we were watching the Emmys...maybe...) and we all went out to Cafè Sky for dinner (for the boys) and drinks (for me and Terri). Sat on the terrace and enjoyed the view. Pretty damn cool, I tell ya. Jason and Nathan took tons of pics and we were prolly there for about 3 hours or so just sitting there talking and drinking and whatnot. No alcoholic consumption for this little one...I had a licuado of strawberries, peaches, and pineapple with water. Damn good.

Then we headed back to the hotel and it started to rain (the main reason as to why we left when we did) and hung out in the common area again. More postcard writing...and talking...and talking more than writing...whoops! Night ended fairly early (for me, at least) at I went to bed around 12am or so.

Today (Tuesday):

Woke up, Terri left around 7:40am this morning and was in and out of the room from then on out...I got up around 9:50am, took a shower and joined the boys around 10:30am to go for brunch at Cafè Condesa in the main square. That was good, and since Terri and I had agreed to meet back at San Pedro to talk about our travel plans, we killed some time by looking at a couple shops and then went back. Talked about what we were gonna do, then the boys and I headed out to the Market. Walked around, didn't buy anything, went to the supermarket where they bought some things for their hike up Volcano Pacaya tomorrow.

Back to the Hotel Posada San Pedro, talked to Terri, and the four of us headed out to try and find this place called Cookies, Etc. But we didn't find it, so here we are at Monoloco...hehehe...later on, I think that we'll be going to dinner and tomorrow Terri and I will be catching a 12:30pm shuttle back to Guatemala City. Pretty damn exciting! Then I have no idea as to what we'll be doing on Wednesday, but I know that Thursday I'll be able to watch surgery. Then Friday I head out to the airport around 9:30am or so, catch my 11somethingam flight, and get home around 8:03pm or so.

More later, these few days aren't gonna be that eventful, but it's all good! Miss and love you guys lots!!

Love,
Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|