Saturday, September 13, 2003

Sooooo...Guatemala, anyone? ;)

Taken from my email (I didn't bother to change it in any way...I'm too lazy at the moment and making cheesecake!):

The planned itinerary for our first week/Terry, Maria and Jessica is:

1. Sept 14, arrive Guatemala City Airport and take bus shuttle to Antigua. Spend Sunday night at the Hotel Posada San Pedro in Antigua.
2. Spend Monday and Tuesday in Antigua. Monday is a national holiday (Independence day). Visit the city, see a village school project, and help with the homeless street project.
3. Wednesday, Maria and Jessica to Tikal. Terry to Guatemala City.
4. Thursday, Maria and Jessica return to Guatemala City. Terry meets at airport and we go to the Holiday Inn in Guatemala City.
5. Friday, spend the day at Camino Seguro (Garbage Dump school) teaching First Aid Class.
6. Go meet Terri at airport Friday evening. We all stay at Holiday Inn
7. Saturday is a free day (see Guatemala City, go to a market like Chichicastenango, visit Lake Atitlan and market, other). Stay night in Guatemala City or Antigua
8. Sunday -Maria to airport. Terri and Jessica off and about. Terry working with Orthopaedic Surgery team in Guatemala City.

This can all get changed around of course, so we will see how it goes and what we all want to do and see.

The Second Week, Terri and Jessica can work with projects in Antigua, come and work with me at the hospital or Camino Seguro, and/or visit other tourist places and markets in Guatemala.

So that's my basic itinerary for my time in Guatemala. I'm so excited! =D

Basically gonna help teach First Aid/CPR to teachers and other locals, sightsee, and what I'm so totally excited about...actually being able to step in on (and maybe help with -- like handing tools and whatnot) some surgeries!!!!!! =D

Pretty much packed all my stuff tonight since I'm going over to Silverdale tomorrow to see Sunny one last time...and we're going to Jared's bbq as well! Good times, good times. Will be sad but so much fun at the same time!

Currently watching Sense and Sensibility, great movie, I love Jane Austen, what can I say? 0=)
Finished reading Seabiscuit: An American Legend, which was really good...loved it. Now Kairu and my aunt are gonna borrow it, so I doubt that I'll be seeing the book for awhile...hehehe...but it's all good, cuz now I can read The Da Vinci Code and In Her Shoes. I can't decide which one I wanna read first. But I'm thinking Da Vinci, cuz my cousin recommended it so highly and it just sounds absolutely fascinating. ;)

Well, that's about it for now, oh, Josh has updated his pics like 5 times in a row, which is quite shocking, I must say! ;) Naw...good job on the updates Josh! Keep up the good work!! There's a pic of me, Erin, Sean, and Jared...woohoo! I think the pic is from Erin's bday...*thinking*...uh, yeah, I believe it is. Alright, that's enough outta me. Gotta finish baking that cheesecake for tomorrow! Sunny wanted me to make her my white chocolate cheesecake, and here I am, making it now one last time for her for a year! (Well, practically...) Aww...and the loverly people at Jared's bbq will also be able to partake in the wonderful eating of cheesecake!! Woohoo!! (I think that'll include the Webbs...gluttons in their own right...Trent, and some people I may or may not know...all good though!)

Have a good one and I'll post my last entry for 2 weeks tomorrow! My goodness...

Night all! *muah*

Countdown to Guatemala: 2 days!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|