Sunday, February 29, 2004

Leap Year Day! Leap Day! (that just sounds kinda weird...)

Oh I'm so tired.

I got like 4 hours of sleep on Saturday, which was not so much fun.

The day did not start out very well, let me tell you (which I will, whether you like it or not! ;))

Driving along the lake to get to work. Unfortunately, about half the bikers in Seattle decided to go riding along Lake Washington Blvd, which was good for them, but not so hot for me, since I was in a bit of hurry. I was trying to get to work early in case the new pushy tenant and her pushy aunt got there early so I wouldn't have to hear about their bitching about me being there at 12pm and not earlier. Sigh...

So I haven't gone 10 mph in quite some time...esp for that long (about 5-10 minutes). So I get to work, on the dot at 12 because I had to follow those bikers (and since there was oncoming traffic, it's not like I could pass or anything). And since I didn't want to miss the people, even though I needed to go to my room (in case you've forgotten, I work at the apts I live at) to get some things such as food...I stayed in the office for like 2 hours waiting for them to show up.

They had told my boss Mary that they were going to be here at 12 on the dot. Bitches. =p They ended up coming at 3pm. Sigh.

So driving wasn't so hot, and then work wasn't so hot...one of the girls had left her car lights on for a week (apparently she doesn't drive much) and needed a jump, so I kindly offered her my services. Got Brian the University VW/Audi/Subaru mechanic to take a look too.

So work slowly passed by and then the Twig and the Tool came over and we went to QFC where the boys could not make up their minds about food. Watching them (well, Derek esp) look over all the desserts was funny. I was reading a magazine as they tried to decide. Quick trip to Jamba Juice for a pick-me-up (oh I love that place so much) and drove off.

Finally got back to the house, started cooking, and the boys popped into the kitchen every so often, taking breaks from watching the Huskies beat Arizona State 96-72. We had salad, ciabatta bread (with olive oil & vinegar or butter), lamb chops (marinated in olive oil with rosemary, salt, and pepper), mashed potatoes, and later on mini-cheesecakes and coffee for dessert.

Watched Waking Life, one of Jared's favorite movies. Pretty interesting, but I wasn't in the right mindset to watch it. I was tired and not really in the mood for a thinking movie. I give it 7.5 dreams outta 10. Then took a break and sat around with coffee and cheesecake. And back to the movies...watched A League of Their Own -- one of my favorite, if not my favorite baseball movies EVER. Keeping with the theme, we watched the last 1/2 of The Rookie on Digital Cable.

Off to bed. I think I got like 6 hours of sleep today, which is much better than 4 the previous night!!

Oscars tonight!! Woohoo!!

Here are my picks (not for all categories, mind you):

Actor in a Leading Role: Sean Penn -- good actor, deserves it.

Actor in a Supporting Role: Tim Robbins -- ditto.

Actress in a Leading Role: Charlize Theron -- beautiful turns ugly with prosthetics. Worked for Kidman. =p

Actress in a Supporting Role: Shohreh Aghdashloo -- she's cool.

Animated Feature Film: Finding Nemo -- Oh the joys of Pixar!

Art Direction: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- oh Middle Earth how beautiful can thee be?

Cinematography: Seabiscuit -- pretty horsies.

Costume Design: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- who (or maybe it should be what girl, for that matter) didn't love seeing Legolas in the Houses of Healing?!

Directing: THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING -- If Peter Jackson doesn't win, I'm going to be so pissed/disappointed.

Music (Score): The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- Howard Shore gets props.

Music (Song): "Into the West" - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- great song that Annie Lennox sings beautifully.

BEST PICTURE: THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING -- if it doesn't win, I'm (again) going to be so pissed/disappointed.

Visual Effects: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- Battle of Pelennor Field, anyone? Anyone?

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- ah the joys of making Tolkien's work and world of Middle Earth your own while remaining true to the spirit of it.

Writing (Original Screenplay): In America -- Go Sheridans!

I'm biased...so sue me. ;)

Well the Oscars are on in about 2 hours...so we'll see the results later tonight!

Home for dinner and watching the Oscars, of course. I think my mom said she's making prime rib. Let me just say that I don't think that I could EVER be a vegetarian. I love to eat meat. After all that fun I think I'll be crashing pretty early. I'm about to fall asleep now!

Stupid frat boys are setting off firecrackers...they did it for about 2 hours and I think they've finally stopped now...good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|