Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Wow it's been a while since I last posted.

Pretty busy lately what with housesitting, family obligations, and work...

My aunt anduncle come back on Wednesday, so there ends "Adventures in Housesitting 2004." Now we just need to wait for next year...woohoo!

Last Friday I had people over for a ltitle get together...I figured that it might be the last year that (what I've lovingly dubbed the) "CK Extended Family" are all together since some of us (including myself) are graduating, and others not. So I made lots of food, had some drinks available, and had a good time chatting, playing polker, checking out the house, and chatting some more.

Thanks to everyone who came for coming! It was great to see you all and I hope you all had a good time! And FYI, those Best Buy gift cards only have $5 on them.

Life as I know it is going to change in 6 months when I buy my cap and gown and (most likely) not sit at Husky Stadiun for 4 hours at Commencement for the 2 seconds of recognition my department gets when we all stand up...

It's gonna be weird to not be in school anymore, but I've thought about it, and I think that I'm ready to move on and close this chapter of my life.

Though once school is over I'll need to find myself a "real job." Hopefully I'll find some volunteering position somewhere abroad for awhile...that or I'll just keep volunteering with my aunt and Healing the Children...maybe I can be anesthesiologist doctor number 2 again...

Too many decisions to make, man.

I'll think about it more later..for now, I'm going to watch some Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and rot my brain on other late-nite reruns such as The Fresh Prince and The Cosby Show.

Take care, folks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chels said...

Graduation seems like it will change everything, but as long as you keep seeing the people you always saw it's not a lot different. Well, for me anyways.

And the Cosby show will never EVER rot your brain. It's vitamin L. (vitamin life)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The Cosby Show is definitely full of Vitamin L.

Right now, I just can't wait for graduation!!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Trent said...

Thanks for the goodie bag. I'm sorry I couldn't be there but I'm doing better now.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sliptide (Sean Armstrong) said...

You really out-did yourself hon ;)

I'm looking forward to graduation as well... I really never have fit into the role of the "scholarly life" myself, and have *always* wanted to get the "real life" or "real job/experience" stuff underway asap.. but it's been worth the wait since the crendetials from UW will get me far.

But I am uber-stoked for the future ;)

Whatever you end up doing, I know you will do great things, and I know you will be doing something you enjoy. I really am proud to say that you are one of my best friends, and I'm proud of *you* ;)

Thanks for everything =)

oi.. the Cosby show rules.. but it's the bane of my existance since it's probably the reason why erin gives me zurberts. lol!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks guys! Shan, you're sweet. Mostly sometimes...sometimes... ;)

And hey...The Cosby Show never can nor will it ever be the bane of one's existence.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|