Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Thanks to Sean, my computer is once again complete. (With a nice little upgrade, that is). I've got all my music, documents, and pictures back, so I thankfully won't have to run through the entire NatGeo website to get my wallpapers.

Unfortunately, I can't access the Internet. Anywhere. Except for their apartment (thus far). I have yet to try it at my apartment, but it currently doesn't work at my place. No wireless, not even a land line. Sucky. So I'm just gonna have to drag my cousin's bf over here to fix it for me. I mean, hey, that's what he does for a living! (Networking for Microsoft...oh it's good to have computer geeks in the family...as well as being dear friends).

I finished my 7 page paper for U.S. in L.A. and the Caribbean and turned it in -- in class -- on Tuesday. I only got 3 hours of sleep but wrote it in about 3-4 hours. So that's not bad, especially since I wrote it the morning it was due. I don't think I ever want to research U.S. intervention in Guatemala before 1945 again. It was tough finding resources on that! Everything I found was about the postwar period; mainly focusing on coffee, indigenous Mayans, the 1954 CIA coup, and multiple subjects I was going to talk about for the 2nd paper or on topics completely unrelated to what I was researching.

Today Tida and I had our presentation on public buildings for Art and Society in the Roman City, which went better than I thought it was going to. Thank God that's over with.

Unfortunately, with the end of this week begins midterms hell. Papers, take home exams, birthday parties, Chinese New Year events I must attend, Sonics games (yeah, I know...that's a plus, not a minus), all in addition to work and trying to lead some semblance of a social life. I might be busy, or I just might not care anymore.

Good luck to all on that one.

Thanks to Erin for making stew tonight for dinner, it was grood. Shame about those mint Oreos. I was looking forward to at least one. The West Wing: Season 1: Disc 1 was good though (as always). I heart my Christmas present!

Thursday: Work, school, Zoe for Jaime's interview/questionnaire thing, then Dante's?
Friday: School, nap time?, downtown for dinner (and a movie?) with Sunny and Jared and ________ (insert your name), just gimme a call about it if you wanna join.

Freakin' Facebook is taking up too much of my life.

There are some terrible singers out there. Watch American Idol for like, 5 minutes just to hear the bad voices and see the scary people.

Laugh. Laugh hard, and laugh well. (You might also be inclined to cover your ears and eyes, but hey...it's entertainment -- I'll pretty much take anyway I can).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|