Monday, January 03, 2005

Well, it's been a fun break and I'm sorry to see it end.

Lots of fun hanging out with the family, catching up with old HNA friends (you know us Catholic school girls just can't get enough of each other!), not working for a week and a half, and just kicking back and relaxing.

Good times were certainly in abundance!

Christmas was good, and I got some grood presents...iPod Photo, new North Face fleece, Family Guy seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, a creme brulee torch (with ramekins, so c'mon down and I'll whip up some creme brulee), new purse, book on bartending, money...stuff like that. I love Christmas!

Aside from the good 'ol HNA/O'Dea crew, I spent quite a bit of time hanging out with Sean and Erin over at their place, and Sean's best friend Nick came up from CA to visit. We need to play Worms more often. Go team The Purple Cobra...and Whit_____e.

Erin and I won most of the rounds that night...woohoo! Nick, you should come visit more often. Sean gets giddy like a school girl and Erin tends to roll her eyes a lot. Seriously...hehehe...

New Year's Eve was good, had dinner with the fam at my aunt's house, then headed on over to Sean and Erin's where Katie, Sarah, and Kelsey were playing Shanghai rummy with the 3 amigos. Watched the fireworks -- not very impressive this year I must say, Napoleon Dynamite -- always fun to watch, took Katie home with Erin and went to bed.

Watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou with Kairu...I totally recommend it. If you like Wes Anderson's previous films, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this one. Not quite as many outlandish sea creatures as I was expecting, but I liked it nonetheless. Kairu said it was a toss up between The Royal Tenanbaums and Life Aquatic, so if that gives you any indication...

Willem Dafoe as Klaus is hilarious and Seu Jorge as Pele the troubadour is amazing. His voice is incredible...I need to get the soundtrack...tons of Bowie songs translated and sung in Portuguese. Too much fun!

Here's what I'm signed up for for Winter Qtr:

ART H 380A: 19th & 20th Century Art (MWF 1230-150)
ART H 400A: Art and Society in the Roman City (MW 230-350)
HSTAA 290A: The U.S. in the Caribbean (TTh 230-420)
WOMEN 333A: Gender & Globalization (TTh 1030-1220)

Although I'm thinking about dropping G&G cuz that's already 18 credits, and Trisha said the class wasn't that great...so I'm gonna check out the first couple of classes and see if I wanna stick with it or not.

Now it's time to get back to ripping CDs to my comp and putting them on my brand spakin' new iPod! I'm so excited...I haven't used it yet! Enough chatter, after organizing my rims...err, music, I'm going to bed. I need to catch up on sleep!

Take care and I hope that the quarter and new year go well for you all! (To those...5 of you who read this blog, that is). ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh says...

Have you ever tried to use the free comments from Haloscan instead of the built in blogger one? that way you don't have to be a blogger member to comment and you don't have to post anonymously.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What a good idea, Josh...I'll get on it. ;)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|