Friday, May 13, 2005

School needs to be over as soon as humanly possible.

30 days til Commencement and I'm finally outta here for good. Unless I come back for further education...which will occur...I just don't know at what institution or when it'll occur.

Oh lordy.

Thank the Lord for more family blow-ups and drama concerning a special member. Before the aforementioned special person came back into the fold we (the fam) never had these issues. But once this person came back...it's become a regular, extremely unwanted occurrance. Respect level for this person = 0...it might even be in the negatives, if that's possible. I've tried, I really have. But everyone has a certain level of tolerance, and I consider myself to be a pretty tolerant person. But this person has made me supremely intolerant of them and their behavior.

I can't stand them. I am and always will be civil, but respect is earned, not an automatic given. While I respect the fact that this person is my elder, that is all they are getting. As a person...absolutely zero.

Moving on...

I'm still reading Citizen Soldiers: The U.S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany by Stephen E. Ambrose. He's an amazing writer, and I'm a WWII nerd. Seriously...weird, huh? I'm about halfway done and reading about Christmas during the Bulge. Real interesting stuff, I tell ya. I even watch shows on the Military Channel, I'm such a WWII/war nerd. God, it's strange. Just another one of my quirks, I suppose. ;)

Julie, Cora, and Sweetie are moving real close to our house from the apt they have in Queen Anne. That place had an amazing view. Perfect for 4th of July and the Lake Union fireworks. But their landlady is crazy and they want more space. So now they're gonna be on 80th and 5th. About 2 miles away from us, so I'm sure I'll be over there a lot.

I have had the affliction known as "Senioritis" for about the last 5-6 years of my life. But it's worse than it's ever been this year. I'm rounding the corner of my last quarter as an undergraduate. Fantabulous.

Does anyone know of any good Spanish language tapes/cds? I need to pick some up and refresh my Spanish. That or take a summer course, but I dunno how much time I'll have for that, since I don't have any definitive summer plans.

I think I might volunteer for the rest of my life. That'd be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|