Sunday, March 30, 2003

What did I do for Spring Break, you may ask? Not a whole hell of a lot, I reply. Worked on Monday, yay for me...=P then went to
Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands with Sunny and Alicia. Good times. Went to Anacortes, WA to catch the ferry and sat around talking for the 1 hr 15 min ride. Went to our hotel, the Cascade Harbor Inn and since there's a special deal going on where you get 50% off if you reserve a room within 2 days of your arrival, we got our 50% off the normal $65 rate they have going in the winter season which ends on April 1st. Well, since we had 1 extra person, the cost was another $25, which, with the 50% off rate is still freakin wonderful, we were bad and decided to say the 3rd person cancelled. So we got the room for a grand total of...$32.50!!! WOOHOO!!! Drove up (hehe, we be lazy...) to the top of Mt. Constitution in Moran State Park took some pics and hiked a bit up there. Good times.

By the way, Orcas has no sort of public transportation, street lights, or anything like that really...we seached freakin' FOREVER for OHS (their high school) but never found it...found lotsa school bus stop signs though...just never found the school...oh well. I'll have to ask my old roomie from last year about that...she's from there. Hi Claire! Orcas really has no sort of "downtown" as we city folk generally think of it. It's about a 2, maybe 3 block radius in which there are located little shops and restaurants. Ate there for dinner, drove around and explored the whole island (in the safety of my car, of course) ;) and had some great girl talk...heehee...next day we went back to Moran State Park and hiked around the main lake there...good times...lots of pics, which was great. Drove around some more, got my car even dirtier than it already was, ate at a nice little Mexican place called Bilbo's (me, being the LoTR/Tolkien fan that I am, immediately thought of The Hobbit, heehee), drove around some more, and found a really cute place called West Beach or something like that. Sat around for awhile, dorve some more, talked some more, and finally caught the 6:15pm ferry back to Anacortes where we proceeded to talk even more.

Oh yes, while waiting for the ferry to load, the Jeep in front of us...well, more like the couple inside the Jeep in front of us, decided to have a rather long make-out session in the car where we...unintentionally, but then we just couldn't help it...watched the couple make-out, cuddle, make-out some more...basically massive displays of PDA in their car, which I don't know if that would be considered PDA, but whatever...I digress...for a good 15 minutes or so. Goodness people...can't you wait?! lol...it was funny. Yeah, so ferry, then got gas for a cheap $1.78/gal (remember that this is in Anacortes, not Seattle, where I get gas for a good $1.84/gal...sucks ass) and drove down to the Seattle Waterfront/ferry terminal in a little over an hour. I drive fast. I like to drive fast. Weee!!!!!!! The girls took the ferry home, I went home, and I chilled for a day.

Today went to Claim Jumper with Erin (thanks for the ride!!), Sean, and Derek (who just came back from his trip to Colorado) got stuffed...damn that's a lot of food...as Erin said...they "popped my Claim Jumper cherry".....eek! lol...then went back to the dorms and hung out for awhile, saw the Webbs, back from their trip to Arizona, Alex, back from his home in Arizona, and Casey...back from Silverdale? ;) and here I am at freakin 4am editing my blog. Wow, I need to go to bed. NOW. With that, I bid you all adieu and will prolly see most of you when school starts on...eek!!!....M-o-n-d-a-y...should prove to be an interesting quarter! (Sunny and Alicia know what I mean! ;)) Night all. =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|