Monday, April 21, 2003

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! Hope everyone had a great Easter...I know I did! Went to my grandma's house for food, family, friends, pinata, and of course, the Easter Egg Hunt! Good times. After that, went home and started cooking up our own feast for the rambunctious, nosey, sarcastic, food-loving, bunch that I call family. =) I love 'em. After food, food, mahjong, and more food, we watched Hero on VCD...gotta love Hong Kong and their amazingly cheap yet good quality reproductions of movies like this. It was really good...one of the best Chinese martial arts movies I've seen in awhile. I like it more than Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon which was good, but not up to par with what I consider really good martial arts films. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed CTHD, but it isn't the best. Anyhoo -- I definately recommend Hero -- wonderful movie...cinematography is great and the fighting is wonderful... ;) after that, we watched Spirited Away which won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film. Miyazaki definately deserved that award as well as many others. I started following his work since I was about 8 or 9 and have loved him ever since. Fantastic movie everyone should watch. One of his weirder ones, but I love it all the same.

Recap of the past week(ish): Friday took my 1st midterm of the quarter in AH 205...how exciting, eh? and found out that there is no deadline to apply for the Art History major. Thank God! That took a big load off my back. Then went to dinner at my aunt's house and watched the aforementioned Spirited Away and followed up by going to Karina, Candace, Abby, and Andrea's apartment to see Aimee who was back in town for Easter! Cindy, Jason, Patrick, Angela, and Harold were there too! ;) Good times...I love my girls (and guys)!

Saturday worked and went home. Today, you already know what happened today...err...Sunday. Since the comment boxes are gone...I think I might put the link to the forum back up...=P

Anyway, gotta get some sleep, so have a great night! Night all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|