Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Buenas tardes!

Well, after our stint at Monoloco, we headed back to Hotel Posada San Pedro to meet up with Terri and figure out where we wanted to go to dinner and all that jazz...

So we lounged a bit in the common area...like an hour or so. And then we decided to go to this place called Posada de Don Rodrigo or something along those lines...it was recommended in the Lonely Planet guide book for Guatemala. Apparently Bill Clinton went there or something...whateva. So we headed out and ate dinner. It was pretty good but so much more expensive than what we had been spending! I think that's the most expensive meal I've had since I've been here! My entree was like Q86! I'm used to Q30! Holy crap! But it was good anyway, and they have a live Marimba band that plays there everynight from about 7pm to something we don't know. (I think Terry had said that Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo is a 4 or 5 star hotel...or something like that..)

So after dinner we decided to take a stroll around since it was still a bit early. Jason and Nathan decided to be all artsy and try to get some good pics of the Santa Catalina arch (the most famous arch in all of Guatemala) in the dark. In the dark...so they set up their tripods and things like that (which are teeny, by the way...it's for the digital cameras) using different lighting and shutter speeds and whatnot on their cameras. Silly boys. Then we walked around parts of Antigua that I'd not ventured to before...saw this BEAUTIFUL convent/school, but unfortunately, I didn't take any pics. I think they were feeding the homeless outside and having like some town hall meeting or something like that...and I don't know why I didn't take a pic. I'm retarded, I know. =P

So then we walked into the main square and sat by the fountain talking...and sitting...and looking at the stars (we saw like 3). It was getting a bit late and the boys had to wake up at 5am to go hike up Volcan Pacaya, about an hour and a half away from Antigua. Headed back to the Hotel Posada San Pedro, and sat around the common area watching "Instinct" dubbed in Spanish. Interesting voices they have for Sir Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding, Jr. Hehehe...so we all exchanged information and I gave them some trail mix to take up on their hike.

Then Terri went to bed and the 3 of us wanted pics together, so they spent like an hour trying to get the exact lighting and crap for the pics. Crazy I tell you, CRAZY. LOL...so Julio (who works there) and Bill (whom I will tell about later on) just watched us in mirth. They kept taking test photos, and it was beginning to drive me insane. But it's all good. So finally they figured it out and set the timers on their cameras and took the damn pictures! And since I don't have a fancy digital camera with me...I have a Kodak point and shoot, thanks very much...I asked Bill to take a photo of us. And then Jason decided that it would be a good idea to record us in action. Dork.

So then we had all the picture taking moments out of the way and we all started talking, and turns out Bill owns a B&B in Costa Rica right on the lake and has traveled far and wide...so we all got into talking about traveling and whatnot, esp since he'd been to Honduras and that's where Jason and Nathan are heading next, so yeah. Convo lasted awhile. And then we all said our goodbyes and went to bed.

Today I woke up, packed my stuff, and sat around waiting for Terri to come back. She came back into the room around 11:40am (our shuttle picked us up at 12:30pm) and she had told me that she was missing a couple things she had bought. Oh holy crap...so I checked and thought that I was missing my cd case with ALL the cds I had brought on the trip with me in it. Oh no...that's no good. So then we went downstairs to pay for our room and talked to the owner and manager about what had happened. Meh. That was not fun at all. And the people there are so nice! So then we left our Guatemala City info with them, and took our shuttle back here, to the Guatemala City Holiday Inn.

Get up to the room, unpack stuff, and turns out...my cd case was here in G.C. all along. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly bad! And Terri found her stuff too. So we feel so stupid. Whoops...and I'm gonna call the wonderful people at Hotel Posada San Pedro and say that we're just 2 stupid Americans who don't know jack...EEK! And that's it for now. More updates in the next 2 days? Quite possible, I say! Take care everyone!

Love,
Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|