Monday, September 29, 2003

Well, I have made it back to Seattle safe and sound and in one piece!

So pizza party by the pool with the gang didn't exactly turn out the way it was supposed to happen...it started POURING. So poolside became a little soggy...and in turn, we all sought shelter in the exercise room. With pizza, beer, wine, and water. Hahaha...sat around, talked, ate (duh), and just had a good time enjoying each other's company and taking some time to relax before jumping into surgery the next day, First Aid class #2, organizing EVERYTHING, or hopping on a plane back home. =p After awhile, things began to wind down and we took some group photos before we all headed off to bed or whatnot. (The team has to get up at about 5 or 6am every morning to get ready).

So then after the pizza party, I stuck around and talked to Dr. Joe and Dr. Mark for a bit, and Diane showed up. So then we all got to talking (which was a ton of fun -- those guys are freakin' hilarious!), in which Diane kept saying that it was like being around 16 year old boys (which it basically was). Pretty funny I tell ya! So then we got kicked out of the workout room around 11pm or so, said goodbye and went to bed.

Woke up this morning a bit later than planned and rushed the extremely last minute packing and ended up forgetting a pair of socks and my mom's sunglasses that I had borrowed for the trip since I had left my own sunglasses at Jared's house when we had the bbq before I left. Took the 9:10am shuttle to the airport, Terri had gotten stamps so I was putting them on all the postcards and when we got to the airport, I mailed them off...so if you get a postcard, expect it in a bout a month or so...snail mail...literally. Hung around for a bit and Terri caught the shuttle back to the hotel so that she could catch the other shuttle that would pick her up to go to Camino Seguro (so she could help Terry teach First Aid).

Turns out I didn't actually have to pay any sort of airport tax fee whatever this time. (It would have been $30). I suppose it was all included in my plane ticket costs. Yay!! So I went through customs and the first round of security checks. Then got a mocha and a little sandwhich thing since I only had plastic and they required a Q25 amount or something to be able to run the credit card. Bleh. Then headed in for the 2nd round of security checks. And apparently those wands are quite sensitive to metal, because the underwire and metal clasps in my bra made it beep...interesting...

Got on my flight to Houston, then passed through customs at Houston 2 times, and ran across George Bush Intercontinental Airport to make it about a half hour before the plane to Seattle left. Eek! And it took me FOREVER to get my ONE bad from baggage claim at Houston (to which I waited in line to pass customs #2 in Houston and drop my bag off to be checked to Seattle, had my plane ticket and ID checked again and ran across said airport). The flight from Houston lasted longer than I had expected and I was fairly wiped out by the end. Got into Seattle, went to my aunt Agnes' house where the family had been having dinner, and then finally went home around 11pm. So my day was long. And tiring. And then I was so retarded because I went to bed around 4:30am and then woke up around 9:30am to go to the Husky game today, which we won...

Then after the game went to the Village with Candace and got Jamba Juice, then went to Erin's apt, then Red Robin, back to my house, and now here I am at the boy's apt. And that's all. Going to bed sometime later tonight and packing up all my worldly possessions for move in tomorrow or sometime in the near future. Take care, hope everyone's having a wonderful time in Guatemala...don't stress out!!!...and I'll talk to everyone soon.

Love,
Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|