Thursday, December 18, 2003

Well today, after waiting forever (well, about 3 or 4 years, really) I have finally seen the last installment of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. I get giddy when I see the previews on TV, if that gives you any indication as to how excited I am for this movie.

I adore the books and when I heard that Peter Jackson and New Line were making movies of Tolkien's epic...I was ecstatic. Beyond belief...

And speaking of "beyond belief," I am totally awe-struck and amazed by what I've seen. I honestly believe that the trilogy are masterpieces which should really be considered for Oscar contention, as much as the Academy typically doesn't really go for the fantasy/sci-fi -- anything other than drama, a good musical, or comedy -- genre.

The movie gets 10 outta 10 rings from me. And the trilogy as a whole gets 20 outta 10 rings...especially if you get the Special Extended Version DVDs...they are magical, add so much more to the story, and for one who has read The Lord of the Rings multiple times, it's even better!! =D

Went downtown with Jared and Derek, window shopped, saw The Return of the King, the 3rd and final installment of Jackson's epic monumental movie-making history of a trilogy, picked up Ben, went to Olive Garden (I had eaten 1/2 a raspberry croissant at Starbucks before the movie and about 1/2 way through the movie, my stomach grumbled like crazy for about 5 minutes...it was REALLY loud and I was REALLY embarrassed...), hit up Best Buy and bought lots of things, went back to the boys' apt, hung out with Sean, Erin, and Trent, and now am back at my aparment still excited over the movie!! I'm crazy, I know. (And I'm still riding the high from watching it...hehehe...)

Been planning the HNA/O'DEA Secret Santa Party, which has taken up quite a bit of time...getting things organized and all that...still actually in the process of finalizing plans, really...but it should be wonderful! The party's on Friday at Angela's, so hopefully everyone can make it...meh.

Tomorrow is veg out day, as Friday will prolly be as well...then Saturday is work, then party. Party party party...

Sunday will be maybe work/not work and go to Kairu's for cooking for the annual "Family" Bank Christmas Party at Elizabeth's house in Bellevue...should be interesting in terms of cooking...but fun at the same time! Last night Candace, Kairu, and I met up with George at the "big" Starbucks in the Village and talked about the menu and whatnot...it was fun. Then Candace came over and we ended up watching Queer Eye and last week's ER that I had taped.

And now I'm kinda spent. Very tiring but wonderfully fun day today. Derek leaves for LA tomorrow, Austine gets back from Hanover on Saturday, and Candace leaves for LA on Sunday...it's gonna be a busy busy week...but so much fun at the same time. Alright, that's enough outta me...this is the longest post I've had in a while...take care, Happy Holidays, and be safe out there! There's a plethora of psycho drivers on the road! Scary...*shudder* *MUAH*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|