Saturday, February 12, 2005

Well, Pats ended up winning the Superbowl, of which I watched about...10 mins or so.

Thank the Lord midterms are over and done with! I think I did ok on my 19th and 20th c. art class, and well...for the US Intervention in LA and the Caribbean, it was a take home test with 4 questions and I ended up writing a total of 9 pages. I think I went a little overboard. Whoops...

Chinese New Year dinner went well, we had 30 people over for dinner at my house on Wednesday night...it was one crazy activity filled day. My mom and I stayed up til like 3am the night before cleaning and preparing the house for the impending arrival of the family.

As always my mom cooked a traditional Chinese New Year feast...and it was delcious. Strange part was that one of my aunts decided to make a huge pot of corned beef and a pot of curry. Those are NOT traditional items for dinner. And we already had 10 dishes! Insane in the membrane...but it all worked out in the end, I suppose.

It's been nice to just chill and relax at home the past few nights with the fam. Sometimes I forget how much I love being at home -- the noises, smells, comfort...I've been living in this house for 15 years, and man...they've been good. I don't think that I could imagine calling somewhere else home; it'd just be too weird.

Candace and I hung out quite a bit today which was a ton of fun...Lladro for coffee and some outdoor chatting, Urban Outfitters, Volunteer Park to swing (I had the sudden child-like urge...I haven't been swinging in a long time, but I do need to find some big-people swings because the set at VP is still the one from my old St. Joe's days), my house for some chatting/me getting ready to go to Cassie's 22nd birthday cocktail party, and dinner at Little Thai.

At Urban I got this great book called Nasty Astrology and Candace and I were reading it pretty much the whole day. It's a bit scary how much the explanation of Cancer fits me...some things completely untrue, some things true. But yes. I will give you your astrological sign explanation from the book if you ask nicely. ;)

And now I'm off to bed, as Cassie's party wore me out. Wearing stilettos for that long is not so much fun. I think I had them on for like...8 hours. Ouch.

Time for bed then work tomorrow...it bring such joy to my life. I do believe that I will not be working there once Spring Qtr rolls around...but that date is always subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|