Friday, October 10, 2003

Yay for taking long breaks between updating because I still don't have Internet service at my apartment yet! Woohoo!

Meh.

Freakin' hoes....there are so many skanks running around the apts going to various frats...sad, is what it is, really. And they are so damn loud! Wish they (and the frats) would stop their bleating. They sound like animals...or something...like sheep...whatever. I'm not in a very coherent state of mind at the moment.

Uh...went to Claimjumper on Tuesday with Erik, Heather, Jeff, Webbs, Sean, Erin, Jared, and myself (duh) as another Webb 21 Birthday Dinner...it was good...mmm...

Then Wednesday morning I woke up for class, did the normal routine, and well, I just didn't feel so good. So I decided to stay in and I had the nagging suspicion that I should prolly take my temperature, since I was feeling a bit warm. So it took until 2pm and various phone calls between me, my mom, Mary, and Kairu to finally get me a thermometer. Mary brought me one at around 2pm or so...but it was broken. So she came back around 4pm with one fresh outta the package and turns out I didn't really have a fever...it was like 99 degrees Farenheit or something...taking a couple Advil prolly helped, too. Anyway, I basically stayed in bed all day watching movies and sleeping...sleeping mostly, really.

And why did I do this, you all might ask? Because I came back from Guatemala 2 weeks ago, and there is a chance that I may get Malaria. I doubt I will, as I am dutifully taking my Chloroquine pills (antimalaria drugs) every week, but since I came back with about 7 or so mosquito bites from the jungles of Tikal...you can never be too safe. So I was kinda freakin out cuz I presented (and still am) presenting flu-like symptoms, muscle aches, and tiredness (but as you know, with me, that's really not anything new). But all is well (so far) and I DO NOT HAVE MALARIA.

And so I bummed around yesterday, and today I slept through my classes (real smart, I know) and then picked up Jared, dropped off tuition, got food from Azteca (I have so much in my fridge right now...anyone want some?!), went to Jamba Juice (for me, I got a regular Berry Lime Sublime with an Immunity Boost -- I think you all know why), and Starbucks for Jared the Coffee Slut. Then after awhile Derek finally came over, we watched Band of Brothers Episode 2: Day of Days, ER (in which the whole Chen/Pratt meet the parents thing was freakin hilarious to me -- because I can totally see my family doing that, only with like 20 people instead of just the parents), and took them home. And now I've checked my email, found out that my Psychobiology of Women section changed rooms, so now I'm in Benson instead of Balmer...printed out my Econ slides, emailed my SIS TA to tell her why I wasn't in class on Wednesday, and yeah. I'll prolly update more tomorrow as I will be home testing out cake recipes for my aunt's bday on Sunday with Kairu. And that's all for now cuz I'm tired. Night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|