Saturday, February 19, 2005

This week has been shot full of studying -- or as much academic time my brain could stand.

Unfortunately, I still have much more work ahead of me. My 14 page paper on U.S. intervention in Guatemala (pre-and post-war) is due on Thursday...I'll prolly end up writing about 20 pages for that. AND my 8 page research paper for 19th and 20th c. art is due on Friday. And since I'm a complete retard and haven't signed up for graduation yet, I register on the 22nd.

Then I think I get about a week off, and more papers and tests lurk around the corner, waiting for an ambush. I'll try not to be caught off-guard, but...there are never any guarantees.

Nothing very exciting has been happening lately, but we'll try and change that once Spring Break rolls around. Try being the operative keyword. Still have no plans for SB as of now, but I need to go somewhere. It's the last SB of my undergraduate career! So if anyone has any suggestions, lemme know. I don't wanna spend it stuck at home working for 2 weeks!

Spring Training is here!! I heart baseball. =D

"Hope springs eternal, especially in baseball. We've all seen Ken Burns' paean to the Shakespearean virtues of the sport, and we shouldn't be afraid to admit that we pretty much bought all of it -- even the weird stuff about the striking symmetry of the diamond and the basepaths, or the strange perfection of the stitches in the ball. Baseball undeniably has those poetic qualities, and they are never more evident than on that magical day when pitchers and catcher first roll into Arizona and Florida. All in all, good humor and camaraderie seem to abound when baseball starts up again. Maybe that's the real reason we all love it so much." - Doug Miller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|